Bearfield Church has been known by many names since it was built: Bethel Chapel, as it was formerly known, was built in 1789 by its first Pastor, Mr Thomas Watkins. The Countess of Huntingdon’s Chapel run by the Trustees of the Lady Huntingdon’s Connexion. Bearfield Congregational Church (1880) after electing a new Trust and joining the Somerset Congregational Federation.
Today, whilst the church is no longer in the Congregational Federation, the congregation is still actively involved in the decision making and running of the church.
We are a church family, from a variety of backgrounds who provide a warm welcoming place for all who attend. We are members of the Evangelical Alliance and uphold their Basis of Faith, and we are affiliated to WEBA. We aim to appreciate and actively encourage church family members of all ages and walks of life.
As a church it is our desire to know the reality of God’s love and power in our lives, through our faith in Jesus, both individually and as a church family and to express ourselves creatively in our worship, as led by the Holy Spirit.
Births and Deaths
One of the members has been researching about the historical records of Bearfield from the 1800s.
For more information click here.